Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wood Buffalo Country Fair

This weekend the Wood Buffalo Country Fair was held in Fort McMurray. Residents were able to submit their own artwork, crafts, baking, preserves, produce, and flowers for judging. All of the entries were on display on Saturday at Heritage Park. When my sisters, cousins, and I were younger we would submit our arts and crafts every year. Now, I am more of a baker than an artist, so this year I baked two different kinds of cookies to enter into the Country Fair.

My cookies - all ready to go for judging on Friday night.


First I made some Pumpkin Pecan Cookies. Find the recipe by clicking here.


These won 1st place in the drop cookie category!


I also made some S'more Cookies. Click here to get the recipe.


These cookies won 2nd place in the rolled cookie category!


My cookies on display with all of the other baking entries at the Country Fair on Saturday afternoon.


Along with ribbons I received $25.00 in prize money. I know it's nothing crazy, but it will buy the ingredients to make a lot more cookies!


Congrats to all the other participants at the Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment